Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pop-Tarts Chocolate Peanut Butter

I picked up a box of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts after fawning over them for weeks at the grocery store.  I had tried a bite of the regular peanut butter Pop-tarts and had assumed that these could only be better.

After the first bite, I knew that assumption was wrong.  These chocolate peanut butter Pop-tarts just did not personally live up to the hype. The crust is chocolaty but more of a cocoa flavor than chocolate. They have a peanut butter filling and a chocolate frosting.  I had hoped they’d taste like a Pop-tart version of a Reese peanut butter cup … but it just did not live up to that. I was rather let down by the flavor and didn’t enjoy them very much. They were more boring than exciting … and I felt the plain strawberry Pop-tarts are so much better than these.

A single pastry is a serving (so make sure to get a Ziploc bag or find a friend to give the additional pastry to) which is 200 calories or 5 points plus values.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite Pop-tart flavor?

No comments:

Post a Comment