Monday, September 2, 2013

Trader Joe’s Turkey Burgers

I had been wanting to try turkey burgers for a few weeks, but didn’t want to buy a big box of the Jennie-O turkey burgers just incase I didn’t quite like them.  I had heard mixed reviews on turkey burgers in general – they’re flavorless, too dry, but I’ve also heard they’re delicious and you can’t even tell they’re turkey.  So, while at Trader Joe’s I noticed they had Trader Joe’s Turkey Burgers in a box of 4, so I picked up a box.

According to the packaging the burgers are 4 ounce patties and have rosemary in them.  I was glad to see the mention of some seasoning because I personally don’t eat meat that is unseasoned. I put the box in the refrigerator for about 2 hours before cooking and I merely put them into a frying pan on the stove and I did give the side facing “up” in the pan a light sprinkling of Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute just to give it a little more oomph!

My boyfriend and I both enjoyed these as we would a classic hamburger – lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard and for me a little ketchup.  I have to say, these turkey burgers are delicious! Flavorful, filling and you really can’t tell that it’s turkey.  I wouldn’t say it taste like beef, because it doesn’t, but if it tastes like anything I’d say a flavorful (seasoned) chicken burger. Since I have launched myself into the turkey burger realm, I will begin trying out other turkey burgers.

Each burger is 180 calories, which is 5 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the turkey burgers from Trader Joe’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment