Sunday, September 1, 2013

Trader Joe’s Trader Jacques’ Macarons Assortis



For months I have seen these Trader Joe’s Trader Jacques’ Macarons Assortis all over my Instagram feed. Those folks who I follow that enjoy the amazingness that is Trader Joe’s have posted about how much they enjoyed these macarons … so they have literally been on my Trader Joe’s list for months.  Why months? Well, I couldn’t find them anywhere!

I had only found the chocolate and vanilla macarons (see post here) and enjoyed them so I was looking forward to the assorted flavors. I live in an area where French bakeries are really few and far between.  In my local area, bakeries are typically Italian bakeries and macarons are not in existence – but macaroons are. Ideally they are two different ballgames but both equally delicious.  So low and behold when I spotted these in the freezer section at a Trader Joe’s I was popping into to get a few things, I grabbed two boxes.

I stuck a box in the refrigerator and opted to have them for dessert that night.  Breaking out the box I had a sample of each cookie because I was going for the full effect.  The box comes with 12 macarons, 2 of each flavor: cassis, coffee, orange, pistachio, raspberry and salted caramel.  My favorite had to have been the pistachio, followed by the coffee with the orange coming in third.  Nonetheless all the macarons were quite tasty and a unique and different treat.

A serving size is 3 cookies – which comes with a very low 130 calories, which translates into 3 points plus values. Not bad at all!

QUESTION:
Have you ever tried macarons?

No comments:

Post a Comment