Monday, September 9, 2013

Trader Joe’s Garlic Naan

I have enjoyed naan for a very long time, but I have never had garlic naan.  So when I saw on Instagram that there was one available, I made sure I picked up a bag of Trader Joe’s Garlic Naan. The naan is sold in the freezer section and comes with 4 pieces in a bag.

When you open the bag you are awarded with a nice fresh garlic scent.  According to the packaging it’s hand-stretched bread that’s topped with garlic and coriander and then baked in a tranditional Indian clay tandoor oven.  Since the naan is frozen, it has to be heated in the oven for roughly 10 minutes before served up. My oven cooks incredibly fast so I only cooked it for about 5-6 minutes before I had to pull it out of the oven.

It was perfect alongside an Indian dish for dinner – but as I’ve seen on Instagram this would be fabulous as a base for pizza.  Add a little sauce, a little cheese and a few toppings and you have the start of a deliciously amazing garlic bread pizza.  A whole naan is a pretty decent size (larger than a personal size pizza) so it would make a complete meal with a side salad.  Possibilities are endless … as long as you’re a garlic fan!

A whole piece is 190 calories and 5 points plus, but I have found ½ is enough to be a side along with dinner – which comes out to be 2 points plus.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the garlic naan or regular naan at Trader Joe’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment