Sunday, March 2, 2014

Limited Edition Cookie Dough Oreo’s

A number of posts back I showcased the Limited EditionMarshmallow Crispy Oreo’s … but what I haven’t posted about yet are the Limited Edition Cookie Dough Oreo. I waited to open the package after the marshmallow crispy cookies were gone.

The original chocolate Oreo’s are my absolute favorite cookie. Admittedly I typically opt to skip on flavored chocolate cookie Oreo’s because I usually feel nothing can live up to the original. Although when I saw these, I was intrigued so of course I had to try them. Upon first bite, I found the cookie itself is a softer crispy cookie and they taste extremely fresh, a lot fresher tasting than the original cookie. The unique thing with these cookies is the fact the frosting is flavored and it has chocolate chip pieces/slivers in it.  The pieces/slivers of chocolate provided no new texture.  Would I say it tastes exactly like cookie dough? No, but it is reminiscent of it.  The cream itself has a chocolaty flavor to it from the chips but it has a bit of a caramel flavor to it. If you eat the cream alone it tastes along the lines of a chocolate caramel, but when eaten with the cookie it’s reminiscent of cookie dough. But on the plus side they’re not overly sweet and certainly not as overpowering on the sugar factor when in comparison to the Marshmallow Crispy Oreo’s.

A serving is 2 cookies, which are 140 calories or 4 points plus values. 1 cookie would be 70 calories or 2 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment