Saturday, March 22, 2014

Healthier Alternative on Supreme Pizza



Pizza is my favorite food so I’m always looking for new ways to make my favorite food in “point friendly” ways. I’ve looked into premade pizza crusts on numerous occasions but I’ve found that most of them, regardless of how “thin” they look or how they’re advertised they’re usually not the greatest nutrition stats wise. I’ve made pizza out of fresh dough, pita bread, flat out breads, etc., but thanks to a friend on Instagram I found a premade pizza crust that’s low in points and makes a great pizza.

Boboli 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust can be a bit hard to find in all grocery stores … but its pretty stand up pizza crust. Admittedly the crust does have that classic wheat flavor to it, but it's not overwhelming and with the toppings it brings the focus off the wheat aspect.  What I love the most, is I’m able to make a supreme pizza in the comfort of my own home in less than 12 minutes. The crust contains 5 servings, but I stretch it into 6 servings. After adding all my toppings, the pizza comes out to a pretty fabulous 5 points plus per slice. If you wanted 2 slices, it would be 9 points plus.

Serves 6. 5 Points Plus Values.
Ingredients:
  • 1 whole (5 serving) Boboli 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
  • ½ cup pizza sauce (I used Trader Joe’s pizza sauce – I’ve also used Hunts Pizza Starters sauce in the past with the same points plus)
  • ¾ cup Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles
  • ½ cup Kraft Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 12 slices Hormel Turkey Pepperoni
  • ½ small red pepper, sliced
  • 1/3 small onion, sliced
  • Vlassic Deli Style Banana Pepper Rings (optional)
  • 1 tbsp oregano

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Place Boboli pizza crust in a large baking dish, top pizza crust with sauce, then shredded cheese.

Layer on pepperoni, sausage, pepper and onion slices and top with banana pepper rings.

Sprinkle top of the pizza with oregano and place pizza into oven and bake for 8-12 minutes.

Slice into 6 pieces and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment