Sunday, March 9, 2014

Egg & Canadian Bacon Muffins



Egg muffins are one of the breakfasts I enjoy when I want to have a quick “grab and go” breakfast on hand during the week. They’re quick and easy to whip together and they store perfectly in the refrigerator. Admittedly, I haven’t tried freezing these – but I can’t see how one couldn’t especially if they’re left to defrost before reheating.

I prefer to cook these egg muffins in disposable aluminum muffin pans instead of my regular standard metal muffin tins. I find in regular muffin tins the egg tends to brown up a lot more and dry out – which is fine if eaten the same day. But I find when reheating the next day, the eggs become rubbery. When cooking in a disposable aluminum pan I find the eggs keep some moisture to them and reheating them keeps them from getting rubbery.

I prefer to serve these over toast with a bit of sriracha and ketchup.

2 Points Plus. Serves 3. 2 Egg Muffins/serving.
Ingredients:
-          1 ½ cups Egg Beaters or liquid egg substitute
-          6 slices Canadian bacon (I used the Land O’Frost Sweet Country Maple)
-          6 slices Hormel Turkey Pepperoni
-          Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy (or any seasoning of your choice)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray each muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.

Chop up 1 slice of turkey pepperoni and Canadian bacon and place into the bottom of a muffin tin. Repeat for the remaining tins.

Pour ¼ cup egg beaters into each muffin tin.  Sprinkle the top with the seasoning of your choice.

Place muffin tins onto a cookie sheet (incase of any overflow) and place into preheated oven and bake for roughly 15-20 minutes until egg muffins are cooked through.


No comments:

Post a Comment