Saturday, March 1, 2014

Skinny Cow Chocolate Mousse Ganache

When I had saw that Skinny Cow had come out with a new ice cream cone, I was put on the hunt. Unfortunately I came up empty handed for nearly 2 months until just recently I spotted the Skinny Cow Chocolate Mousse Ganache ice creams at my local Target. Since I was so excited to find them I purchased a box and unfortunately enough they weren’t on sale when I purchased.

Typically I am a fan of Skinny Cow ice cream because I find the brand simply gets it right. Deliciously “healthier for you” ice cream which is lower in fat, calories or points plus values in comparison to some of the other ice creams on the market.  The ice cream itself is a blend of vanilla and chocolate ice creams and chocolate ganache. The whole shebang is pretty good … but I have to say the best part is the little glob of ganache at the center of the top of the cone. Sadly, the ganache wasn’t as plentiful as I would have hoped for (I was hoping for a chocolate ganache core). The ganache was the flavor that I savored the most … whereas the rest of the ice cream is the classic smooth creamy ice cream Skinny Taste is known to provide.

Would I repurchase them again? Probably if I were in the mood for an ice cream cone … although I may give the mint a shot to see if it’s any better than the chocolate mousse.

Each cone is 160 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment