Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Grace Jamaican Jerk Seasoning

I often get asked if I have a recipe for my Jamaican jerk pork or jerk chicken.  Quite honestly, I don’t. When I was a kid my parents would make homemade jerk seasoning … but as a jarred season began to be sold in a local market, it was easier to purchase a jar than it was to make the seasoning.  I purchase a jar of Mild Grace Jamaican Jerk Seasoning for $4.99 and it lasts for a very long time. If you’re in the New England area, I happen to purchase this season from Stop & Shop retailers … whereas if you’re closer to the inner city, I can also purchase this at tropical stores.

If you are planning on purchasing the seasoning, be aware that a little goes a long way! One tablespoon of seasoning can be stretched to cover a 2 pound pork roast or even 1 ½ pounds of chicken breast. The more seasoning you add, the spicier it’s going to be. There have been times where I’ve been too heavy handed with the seasoning and after my meal was cooked, no one wanted to eat it because it was so hot.

The seasoning comes in a paste form and provides delicious, classic Jamaican jerk flavoring. It’s wonderful and a great seasoning to be paired up with any meat. Whether chicken or pork, after the seasoning is rubbed onto the meat, I bake it in a 350 degree oven until cooked through. It’s perfect, delicious and an authentic seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment