Saturday, March 29, 2014

Skinny Cow Cookies ‘n Crème Truffle Ice Cream

Skinny Cow is one of my “preferred” ice cream brands at the market when I’m looking for single serving ice creams. While at the store I spotted Skinny Cow Cookies ‘n Crème Truffle Ice Cream and I decided to pick it up since cookies & cream is one of my favorite flavors. Admittedly another reason I love Skinny Cow ice cream is the fact the Weight Watchers Points Plus values are printed on the boxes … which makes choosing easier.

The box describes the ice cream as “chocolatey ribbons drizzled on cookies ‘n cream low fat ice cream”.  I was excited to have my first ice cream for dessert because I’m a huge fan of the Skinny Cow cookies & cream sandwiches. Although, I have to say I was left mildly unsatisfied.  The ice cream does have chocolatey ribbons surrounding it, which give it a nice mild sweetness, but my ice cream tasted more of “cream” than “cookies.” There are cookie bits running throughout it but some of them are so tiny that my taste buds didn’t even pick up the flavor, let alone the texture of cookie bits. They’re not bad, but they just didn’t live up to my expectations.

Each bar is 110 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment