Saturday, March 15, 2014

McDonald’s Vanilla Cone

Every once in a while I’m in the mood for soft serve ice cream. I’ve found over time that McDonald’s has one of the best vanilla cones! During the summer time, I bypass the ridiculously long lines at Dairy Queen and go straight to Mickey D’s!

Unlike other ice cream stands, the cones at McDonald’s are one standard size. There’s no temptation in getting a small/medium/large cone for a few cents more.  The cones are filled with McDonald’s classic reduced fat vanilla ice cream, which is your standard state of the art soft serve ice cream. I find the frozen treat to be filling, delightful and when others are having ice cream I’m not the one standing to the side saying “no thanks.”

One of the greatest parts is the ice cream cones are $1 and sometimes during the summer (at least in my area) they’re 2 for $1.  The only downside is they’re only available in vanilla … no swirl or chocolate available (except during the summer McDonald’s is known to offer a chocolate dip cone).

Each cone is 170 calories or 5 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment