Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Limited Edition Marshmallow Crispy Oreo’s

A couple weeks ago I popped into the grocery store simply to pick a few things up that I needed. On my way up to the cash registers I caught a glimpse of an Oreo display and did a double take. Initially I thought they were the limited edition lemon Oreo’s but upon closer inspection I realized they were the brand new Limited Edition Marshmallow Crispy Oreo’s.

I was anticipating the release of these so I made sure to bring them home with me for a little taste testing and sharing with family/friends. I’m a fan of marshmallow crispy treats and I happen to quite enjoy the golden Oreo line so I had high hopes for these. What I have to say is unique about this line is that the frosting has gritty bits of crispy bits in it.  The bits certainly don’t make it as crispy/chewy as original marshmallow treats, but it certainly gives it a different texture, but it’s not overwhelmingly noticeable. Flavor wise these cookies are definitely sweet … I find one is quite enough, but if I’m really in a sweet/cookie mood two is all I need and/or can handle. They taste more vanilla than marshmallow … but nonetheless they are a nice different treat.  The effect is more “profound” if you pull one side of each cookie off and push the cream sides together to make a double stuffed cookie.

A serving is 2 cookies which are 140 calories or 4 points plus (2 points plus/cookie).

No comments:

Post a Comment