Sunday, February 23, 2014

Joseph’s Flax Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread

I have been a huge fan of Joseph’s bread products for as long as I can remember. Mediterranean food is big in my area and since I’ve grown up eating it, pita bread has been a staple that I reach for. Over the last year, I’ve been trying to eat more wheat based breads (with the exception of hamburger buns and light Italian bread). So when I spotted the Joseph’s Flax Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread I decided to pick up a pack.

These particular pita breads are sold in 2 sizes – one is a larger round pita, whereas these are small “personal sized” pita bread. I have tried both varieties and I find I enjoy this particular type a lot more than the larger size. The pita is on the thinner side, but it is filling due to it being made up of oat bran and whole wheat, it also helps that each pita packs a punch with 5 grams of protein. If you’re used to classic white flour based pita breads, you’d undoubtedly notice a difference in taste … but once you are used to the wheat bread taste, it’s delicious. The one thing I love about these breads is they are so universal. They’re the perfect size to stuff a hamburger into, deli meat, tuna salad and they’re great for a personal sized salad pocket. They’re also standalone delicious for a personal sized pita bread pizza.

A serving is 1 pita which is 50 calories or 1 points plus value or you can have 2 pita breads for 100 calories or 2 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment