Saturday, February 22, 2014

Weight Watchers Ginger-Lime Bundt Cake



When I had picked up the new Weight Watchers Good Deal cookbook at my local Weight Watchers meeting, I had marked off a number of recipes that I wanted to try. One of the desserts I marked off to make was the Ginger-Lime Bundt Cake.  Since I had made another recipe which used lime and ginger, I had those two main ingredients on hand … so as a stress reliever one night I decided to bake and whip up a delicious specialty.

Prepping the cake took truly not much time at all.  I followed all directions as listed and baked my cake for the full 45 minutes. I was left with delicious perfection. My end result didn’t quite resemble the photograph in the book (the top of my cake puffed out and cracked a bit) instead of it being flat on top.

After my cake cooled, I drizzled the glaze over it and within 5 minutes it had set. The cake was definitely far moister the same day it was baked, whereas it was good, but a little drier the days following. Taste wise the cake is pretty delicious – it’s got a citrusy vanilla flavor to it and the ginger plays off perfectly with the other flavors without being overwhelming. I do have to say, when I saw the serving size I felt I would be a little jipped … but the cake is undoubtedly a dense, filling cake. It’s very reminiscent of a pound cake.

The cake itself serves 20 people and each slice is 181 calories or 5 points plus values. Well worth it, in my opinion!


No comments:

Post a Comment