Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sea Cuisine Potato Crusted Cod



A while back when shopping at the grocery store, I noticed a display of fish dishes. Admittedly I’m not the biggest seafood fan, but I do enjoy fried fish once in a while. Since my seafood palette isn’t very diverse I try to stick to the fish options that are known to be less fishy. Just looking at the fish through the package, I figured the crust on the dish looked good enough that it could pass as fried so I decided to give it a try. So, with that I decided to purchase the Sea Cuisine Potato Crusted Cod.

According to the package, the dish is made from wild pacific cod fillets which are coated with a savory potato, cheddar and chive crust.  I cooked the filets per package directions in the oven and found when they were done, they were perfectly crisped. It was crunchy and to my liking reminiscent of the crunch one would get when eating fried fish. The coating was flavorful, but not overwhelmingly so. I actually enjoyed this for lunch alongside a potato and some wax beans. I also made myself a little helping of tartar sauce and found it went with the dish just perfectly. Overall this was a tasty, delicious meal.

A serving is 1 filet (two filets come in a package) which is 250 calories or 6 points plus values.


No comments:

Post a Comment