Thursday, February 6, 2014

Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Chunky Guacamole


I’m not sure what’s taken me so long to post about this wonderful find I’ve purchased from time to time at Trader Joe’s. I thought I posted about this dish eons ago, but I didn’t … so here we go!  Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Chunky Guacamole is one of the most delicious guacamole's I have had to date. Granted, I’m not the biggest fan of guacamole, but this is just a slam dunk.

The guacamole is creamy, thanks to the Greek yogurt, yet it has subtle chunks of veggies and avocado mixed throughout it. There is a noticeable cilantro flavor in the dish, but it’s not overwhelming on the taste buds. Admittedly, cilantro isn’t one of my favorite flavors, but it’s mild enough that it boosts the flavor and is really refreshing on the palette. Overall, I find the dish balances itself out quite well with all the flavors. I enjoy this with tacos, over chicken burgers or hamburgers, over salad, with nachos, etc. It’s versatile and a huge favorite of mine.

A serving is 2 tablespoons which is 30 calories or 1 points plus. Here’s a little fun fact for you … you can have 4 tablespoons for 60 calories and its still 1 points plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment