Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Meatball & Pepperoni Pita Pizza

This is a special little treat I had made for myself for nearly half a week. I was in the mood for pizza, but since I was trying to be “good” and not order out pizza I decided to make some healthier pita bread pizzas for myself.  They turned out to be delicious, extremely low in points and nailed the pizza want on the head.

I used 2 Joseph’s Flax Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Breads and between the two bases topped it with ¼ cup canned tomato sauce that I doctored up with a bit of spices (salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic, Italian seasoning). I then divided out 1/3 cup of Kraft Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella and topped each pizza. I had some thick cut turkey pepperoni in the fridge so I took 2 slices (0pp) and cut it into quarters and topped each pizza. I then took 1 Trader Joe’s Turkey Meatball and cut it up into pieces and topped my pizzas with it. Since I enjoy my pizza with veggies I cut up some red onion and sprinkled it over the top.

I popped the pizzas in a 350 degree oven for roughly 8-10 minutes and took them out when the bread was crispy. They were perfect, tasty and delicious. Plus they were a guilt-free 5 points plus values! 3 for the pita, 1 for the meatball and 1 for the cheese.

Winner winner, pizza dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment