Thursday, February 6, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Spice Cake



Spice cake is one of my favorite desserts to whip up when I’m in the mood for something tasty, mildly sweet and just all around delicious. I knew I had all the ingredients I needed to whip something together, so I made my way into the kitchen and let the creativity flow.

The cake itself always comes out super moist and delicious. I add a pinch of baking soda to my cake mixes that don’t use water/oil/eggs because it helps make the dessert just slightly fluffier. The chocolate peanut butter chips definitely added a peanut buttery chocolaty goodness to the cake that made it decadent. I shared it with family and friends who came by and everyone was equally pleased with it. The next day, after the cake was fully cooled I found it was perfect to warm it in the microwave for a few seconds and top it with a smidgen of butter. Perfect combination and it made it a great snack/dessert.

You could totally make these into muffins if you prefer them portioned out that way … but I personally made it into a Bundt pan because it was faster and it looks pretty.

Serves 12. 4 Points Plus Values.
Ingredients:
  • Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix
  • 15 oz canned pumpkin
  • 3 tbsp egg whites
  • ¼ cup water
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 26 gm, Nestle Toll House Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven per box directions.

In a medium bowl mix together spice cake mix, canned pumpkin, egg whites, baking soda and water. Blend until smooth. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.

Spray a bundt pan or muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, spoon cake batter into the mild.

Gently tap cake against a flat surface to eliminate any air bubbles.

Bake in an oven per box directions. Cake is done when a toothpick can be inserted into the center and comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment