Friday, February 28, 2014

Trader Joe's Beer Battered Onion Rings

These Trader Joe's Beer Battered Onion Rings are frankly the best frozen onion rings I have ever had.  You can say that statement alone saying a lot!


In my opinion, most frozen onion rings are rather, well, disgusting, or if they're not, they're truly mediocre. These particular onion rings have stolen the show from the moment I've tried them because they are just plain delicious. They're crunchy, they're sweet, they're nicely battered.  They truly remind me of the onion rings I get at my local beach (which are dipped in a pancake batter and fried).  These give me that same flavor without all the added fat and calories.

To make these, I simply pray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray, layer out my onion rings and I spritz the top of them with spray.  As the bag suggests I bake them halfway through, then flip and cook an additional 7-10 minutes.  They come out nice and crispy, the onion inside the ring is plentiful, soft, sweet and not overpowering.  A little sprinkle of salt when they're done, a little ketchup to dip them in and I'm a happy camper!  They’ve been a continuous staple in my freezer since I first tried them.

A serving is 3 ounces (which usually means 5 rings), which is 140 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment