Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Trader Joe’s Trader Ming’s Chinese Style Pork Buns (Cha Siu Bao)

I was introduced to Chinese style pork buns a few years ago at my local Vietnamese grocery store. The store would bring in some baked goods from the Boston area on Saturday mornings. I haven’t been able to find them as of late, so needless to say when I spotted these Trader Joe’s Trader Ming’s Chinese Style Pork Buns (Cha Siu Bao) at Trader Joe’s, I made sure to pick them up.

The buns are what I would call medium sized, in comparison to the big ones I’ve seen sold elsewhere. Heating them up is fairly easy because they come out perfect in the microwave! All that’s required is a dampened paper towel, a microwave safe dish and a 45 second trip in the microwave. The end product comes out perfect – hot, soft and delicious. If you’ve never had Chinese pork style buns the filling is sweet barbecued pork which is cut up into tiny little pieces. The bun itself is a cross between a soft , chewy and slightly spongy texture.

These are definitely one of the best frozen pork buns I have tried.

A serving is 1 bun, which is 160 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment