Saturday, November 1, 2014

Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Tahitian Vanilla Caramels

Whenever I'm in a chocolate or candy mood ... I find myself gravitating towards with Trader Joe's has to offer. There's something about the quality of the confection that comes out of the store that leaves my taste buds happy. Since I tend to enjoy caramels I was intrigued when I spotted a bag of Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Tahitian Vanilla Caramels. So of course they had to come home with me.
 
The bag describes them as "Creamy vanilla caramels covered with premium dark chocolate". Admittedly, I'm not a huge dark chocolate fan ... but what I was buying these for was the caramel, not the chocolate. I cracked open the bag to share with my mother and ate a few and was not impressed. Truthfully, I did not like them. They were what I would call ... power house vanilla (and I like vanilla) while also maintaining a certain level of saltiness. The caramel was very, very soft and not really chewy. It was coated in a semi-thick coating of dark chocolate. My mother enjoyed them, so I happened to give her the whole bag because I had my fair share after a few pieces.
 
A bag is a serving, which is 270 calories or 7 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment