Thursday, November 6, 2014

Weight Watchers Friendly Peach Cobbler

I was going to a friends Halloween party one afternoon. Since I don't like going to parties empty handed I decided I was going to make a dessert. Going back and fourth with my options I wasn't feeling that inspired to make any particular dish. Knowing I had to make something or buy something I headed to the grocery store. After a back and fourth battle in the baking aisle ... I decided to make a friendly version of peach cobbler. I picked up a few of the essential ingredients: yellow cake mix and canned peaches.
 
It's essentially a dump cake, similar to the berry dump cake, etc. It's very easy to put together, except when you're waiting (sometimes impatiently) for it to bake it does take some time.  The end result is well worth it. The cake mix makes a bit of a crust over the peaches which is crisp and chewy and the peaches and cake mix make a bit of a thickened "sauce". It's perfect served by itself, topped with a dollop of whipped cream or even a scoop of ice cream.
 
Serves 12 - 4 Points Plus Values.
Ingredients:
* 1 box, Betty Crocker, Yellow Cake Mix
* 32 ounce canned peaches (in water/light syrup)
* 12 ounce can Diet Sprite
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
 
Drain juice out from peaches - make sure to reserve juice.
 
Place peaches into the bottom of pan - top with dry cake mix. Pour can of diet sprite over cake mix and set the pan in the oven. Allow to bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle 1/3 of the juice over the top of the cake mix.
 
Place pan back into the oven and bake for another 30 minutes.

1 comment: