Thursday, November 13, 2014

Dinner: Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla

I purchased a quesadilla maker after wanting one for a very, very long time. I love Mexican dishes but don't ever really go out to restaurants to order them. So to break in my quesadilla maker, I decided to make chicken and cheese quesadillas for dinner one day. The idea turned out to be a spectacular and very filling dinner.
 
I had made shredded chicken in the crock pot (4 oz) and mixed it with a little bit of medium chunky salsa. I layered it in between 2 Joseph's wheat flax tortillas and added 1 ounce of shredded Mexican cheese to it. Popped it onto the quesadilla maker until the tortilla was crunchy and the chicken and cheese melted together.
 
I served it up, cutting it into 6 pieces and served it with 1/2 cup Spanish rice and a side salad topped with fat free poppy seed dressing. Overall it was a delicious dinner and a crowd pleaser. All this food was only 10 points plus values!

No comments:

Post a Comment