Monday, November 10, 2014

Trader Joe's Kalamata Olive Hummus

I'm a huge fan of hummus, but it wasn't until 6 or so years ago that I started trying flavored hummus' instead of the traditional kind. Since shopping at Trader Joe's I find their flavored hummus' are a section of the store I always hope to see expand. Time and time again I've seen the Trader Joe's Kalamata Olive Hummus but I had refrained from purchasing it out of plain hesitance.
I can't really say what I was hesitant ... I love hummus and enjoy kalamata olives but I think it was the idea of putting the two together that was concerning? Since I was on the hunt for new flavors to change things up, I picked up a container. I brought it ti work to layer on my wrap for a sandwich and I'm glad I did.
The hummus itself is utterly delicious. It's your classic creamy hummus that has bits and pieces of kalamata olives running throughout it here or there. The olives giving off only a subtle amount of saltiness. The creaminess from the hummus itself not allowing the salty olive to overpower it. I found it to be a perfect addition to a sandwich, or even a creamy complimentary side to a salad. Nonetheless this has turned out to be one of my favorite Trader Joe's brand hummus.

A serving, 2 tbsp is 60 calories or 1 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment