Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter Ice Cream

Trader Joe's Cookie Butter is one of those magnificent little jars of wonder. So when I saw that they had transformed their cookie butter into ice cream, I was all for it. I was especially all for it after trying a sample at the store one afternoon. That's when the container of Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter Ice Cream jumped into my grocery cart and made a temporary home in my freezer.

The dessert is your classic vanilla ice cream that has swirls, chunks and bits of cookie butter running throughout it. Cookie butter on its own is rather sweet ... so when mixed with sweet vanilla ice cream it becomes a rich and decadent dessert. It's certainly something you can enjoy in small doses without feeling sick from the sugar overload. The ice cream itself is smooth and creamy and the cookie butter adds a little bit of gritty texture to it.
 
It's the real deal when it comes to ice cream and I find it's something one can enjoy from time to time. I find the serving is more than enough because it can be very rich.
 
A 1/2 cup serving is 220 calories or 6 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment