Sunday, November 30, 2014

Potluck Dish: Cranberry Chili Meatballs

Potlucks or family gatherings where you need a quick and easy "go to" side dish are some of my favorites. We had a potluck at work to celebrate Halloween and I wanted to bring something in that could be a protein for myself and my coworkers. Going back and fourth with what I wanted to bring I decided on meatballs in a crock pot. Avoiding the typical meatball and sauce route I opted to go with a cranberry sauce and chili sauce mixture.
 
The end result is a delicious sweet, spicy, tangy sauce that coats the meatballs. The longer this simmers in the crock pot, the better it tastes. If it is simmering for a while, I do add a little bit of water to avoid the sauce from burning.
 
The end result is a crowd pleaser, tasty and a moderately "point friendly" dish. The below makes one bag of meatballs, but if you want to make two - just use double the ingredients (double cranberry, chili sauce, meatballs and water).
 
1 bag frozen turkey meatballs
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 bottle chili sauce
1/4 cup water
 
Add all ingredients to a crock pot, turn on low and allow to heat for 2 1/2+ hours (or as long as you want - the longer it cooks the better).

No comments:

Post a Comment