Sunday, November 2, 2014

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Macarons

I remember seeing macarons talked about all over the place. Unfortunately they're not an item that is readily available in my area. That's where Trader Joe's steps into play because it has been the only store that I have been able to find macarons. Granted, they're not freshly made daily at a bakery ... but it's the closest to the real deal I'm going to get. I've tried the different varieties of macarons at Trader Joe's ... so needless to say when I spotted the Trader Joe's Pumpkin Macarons I was on board before I could bat a lash.
 
Macarons are a delicious french dessert made from meringue confection which are filled with a delicious, complimentary spread. They resemble a cookie, but are soft, slightly crisp (along the 'crust') and just all around perfection. These pumpkin macarons have that slightly crisp edge to them as all macarons tend to have ... but I found the filling in these to be a lot softer and airier than the filling in other cookies. The pumpkin filling has the consistency of say a whipped pumpkin dip - where it's pumpkin flavored, but light and airy in texture. It's not bad, but it's just different from the 'norm' so to speak.
 
I found the cookies to be quite delicious. Airy, soft, delicious and pumpkin packed. They're definitely not for the anti-pumpkin club but if you enjoy a good different pumpkin dessert .. these pumpkin macarons are for you. Plus there's no long baking process involved ... all you have to do is allow the cookies to defrost and whatever you don't eat goes right into the refrigerator.
 
A serving is 2 cookies which are 90 calories or 2 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment