Thursday, November 13, 2014

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Pie Mochi Ice Cream

Admittedly, when I first saw the Trader Joe's Pumpkin Pie Mochi Ice Cream it was intriguing (because I'm a sucker for pumpkin anything) but also slightly daunting. I've tried mochi before and with texture issues I didn't enjoy the strawberry flavor. Figuring I'd give it a shot after hearing how good they were, I popped a box in my shopping cart and went home with them.
 
The dessert is shaped like a round ball, which has a smooth, dry -- almost play-doh feel to it. It's dusted with what looks like flour. The mochi shell is chewy in texture, slightly gummy and doesn't have much of a flavor to it. It's rather on the plain side and seems to be odd or foreign even. The ice cream inside the mochi is where it's at. It's a smooth, creamy, pumpkin pie ice cream which tastes exactly like pumpkin pie. It really packs a punch and left the pumpkin lover within satisfied. Together it's a unique and pretty delicious treat.
 
1 mochi is a serving, which is 100 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment