Saturday, November 15, 2014

Glenny's 100 Calorie Chocolate Chip Brownie

One morning the gentleman who replenishes the vending machine at work came in and left some "healthy treats" on the table for my coworkers and I to sample. There weren't very many items but the one that caught my eye was the Glenny's 100 Calorie Chocolate Chip Brownie. I took a quick glance at the nutrition facts and brought the package back to my desk to tuck away in my desk.
 
After needing an afternoon pick-me-up I decided to open the brownie to have a snack. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised ... the brownie was pretty big, far larger than a serving if I were to make boxed brownies. The brownies texture is a mix between cake and fudgy and had chocolate chips running throughout the dessert. For only 100 calories it was perfection - chocolatey, tasty and pretty satisfying.
 
For being pretty packed with fiber (7g) and protein (4g) they definitely do not have that fiber taste that can be found in some Fiber One products. These aren't hard on the stomach, haven't made me feel bloated or uncomfortable. They're delicious straight out of the package, while I also find them to be a perfect addition to a dessert to make it feel a little "sinful". Brownie sundae anyone?!
 
A package is a serving, which is 100 calories or 2 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment