Monday, February 23, 2015

V8 Healthy Greens

When I saw that V8 had released a new line of vegetable juices I was intrigued. Intrigued most notably because they were offering a green juice variety. After searching for them for weeks on end, I finally spotted the V8 Healthy Greens at my local grocery store (that is even without having my coupon on hand!).

Since I haven't been feeling 100% as of late, I decided to crack open the juice in hopes it would live up to the hype I built up in my head. Admittedly, I find a lot of the green juices/smoothies on the market are overly sweet and can only be consumed in small quantities. That is, except some of the cold pressed juices at places like Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and Target which are more green tasting than overly sweet juice.

This V8 definitely falls in that more green tasting than sweet juice. It's actually, quite bitter to the point I'm not really a fan. It tastes like someone threw spinach, romaine, carrots and celery in a juicer then at the last minute decided it was too tart and popped a granny smith apple into the mix. It's bitter, not sweet at all and is really like drinking a liquified salad. Admittedly there is no added sugar or artificial ingredients, which makes this a healthier option ... but it's not tasty. Definitely, not my forte to say the least. I don't want it to go to waste, so I think I'll end up popping some into an ice cube tray and freezing, then using an ice cube or two in a smoothie mix.
 
A serving, 1 cup, is 60 calories or 2 points plus values.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the label. Regular V8 is so high in sodium but this looks decent. I bet if it is cold enough I could choke one down.
    I have been drinking "GUS Dry Cola" lately which is not a health drink but is cola with only half the sugar (and no artificial stuff to resweeten it) - so hopefully I can manage this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad for what you've accomplished. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete