Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Vitalicious Veggie Sausage VitaEgg Sandwich

I was sent a box of the Vitalicious Veggie Sausage VitaEgg Sandwich to try out. Since it was the one in the line with the most protein in it (15g), I opted to have it for a convenience early morning breakfast. Truth be told, I am not a vegetarian, but I don't mind enjoying vegetarian/vegan dishes from time to time.

I followed the directions on the box, removing the sandwich from the wrapper, wrapping it in a paper towel and microwaving. When done I removed the sandwich from the microwave and allowed it to cool slightly before enjoying. I found the sandwich itself holds together well, even after having been microwaved. The egg and sausage are very soft in texture, which at first took a few bites to get used to. But overall it's nothing too bad. The bread has a firm texture so it keeps the sandwich together without falling apart.

Flavor wise I found it to be a little bland, so I pulled out my handy dandy hot sauce and reduced sugar ketchup and added a dollop of each. The addition of condiments spruced it up and brought some flavor to it which made it enjoyable. I can't say they're hands down delicious ... but they're pretty good for a convenience food to have on hand when in a pinch and something is needed quickly.
 
A sandwich is 160 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment