Thursday, February 19, 2015

Yoplait Greek 100 Calories Banana Caramel Greek Yogurt

I'm a Greek yogurt fan to the core, but there's a piece of me that has a weakness when it comes to banana flavored yogurts. If it's new and it's got banana anything in it, I'm going to buy it ... try it and either love it or hate it. Case in point a new find courtesy of Wal-Mart's refrigerator section: Yoplait Greek 100 Calories Banana Caramel Greek Yogurt.
 
My immediate thought was this would be similar to say a bananas foster yogurt. I was game and sold immediately. But since I have slight issues with caramel flavorings in yogurt (they can come off overwhelming, too bland or far too artificial tasting) I opted to purchase only 2 containers. Which after trying this I was kind of glad for doing so.
 
The yogurt is in a round about way, a big ole miss, which was disheartening. I mean, it's alright ... but nothing to light a candle against the Dannon Banana Creme yogurt.  The flavoring is a milder banana flavor with a small hint of caramel in the background. By hint, I mean, you have to really seek out the flavor otherwise it can be missed entirely.  It's okay ... it'd probably be better served over some fresh fruit with a little granola on it ... but it is not a contender as the best banana yogurt find. It's different, but I wouldn't rush out to find them again.
 
A cup is 100 calories or 2 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment