Sunday, February 15, 2015

Dannon Oikos Triple Zero - Banana Creme

One afternoon on a quick trip though Wal-Mart to pick up a few groceries, I spotted the newly released Dannon Oikos Triple Zero yogurts. After scanning the flavors, I opted to go with my tried and true Banana Creme (truthfully, if there's a banana flavored yogurt, it'll be the first yogurt I try from any brand). I picked up only one container, and truthfully I wished I got more ... because now it seems incredibly hard to find!
 
There are a few high points for this yogurt. One of the first being it is enforced by the NFL and it contains 0 added sugar, artificial sweeteners or fat. What I love the most is that it's also got a whopping 15g's of protein in it! If you keep an eye on protein in foods, you'll know this is a jump of 3g's when compared to some other Greek yogurts on the market. It may not seem like a big difference, but at the end of the day it all adds up.
 
The yogurt is absolutely delicious. It's thick, creamy, and packed with flavor. It's not overly sweet, but the banana creme flavor was right up front and wasn't artificial tasting or 'zippy' (tangy/sour) on the tongue. It was mild, but flavorful and the yogurt was perfect. Nice and thick, without being too thick and/or watery. Truthfully, one of the better Greek yogurts I have had in a long while.  Now if only I can get my hands on some more ...
 
A serving is 120 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment