Friday, February 13, 2015

Jillian Michaels Detox Water

Scanning through Pinterest one day for cleansing waters/juices I stumbled upon a recipe for Jillian Michael's Detox Water. The "ingredients" were pretty basic and it wouldn't take a whole lot of prep to whip it together so I picked up the few ingredients I needed at the grocery store and gave it a shot.
 
I'm typically not one for the whole "cleanse" thing, but I figured this one was pretty simple, I could still eat food and exercise as normal without any adverse effects of the cleanse.  This cleanse is more of a detox to help cleanse the body of toxins and flush the system of any excess water weight.  Since December (or nearly half of 2014) was an up and down cycle I wanted something to kind of give me a clean slate so to speak while hydrating me a bit as well.
 
This isn't a detox that's going to sludge weight off you, but it'll help slim your waistline by getting rid of a little extra water weight. That is as long as you continue to hydrate yourself with additional fluids (on top of the 60 oz) and eat a healthy daily diet.
 
The detox itself is a simple concoction of the following ingredients:
* 60 oz purified water
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon cranberry juice (try and find the lowest sugar/organic kind)
* 1 dandelion root tea bag (I found this in Target & in my local grocery store)

Make the tea as directed and allow the tea to cool to room temperature before adding it to a plastic container or pitcher. Mix all other ingredients together in the container.
 
Drink all 60 oz. of liquid each day for 7 days.

1 comment: