Sunday, February 8, 2015

Arthur Paul's Birthday Cake Cake Pops

I spotted a box of Arthur Paul's Birthday Cake Pops at Wal-Mart in the freezer section and decided to pick them up. I figured it would be a special little treat when my niece and nephew came over to visit. So on Super Bowl Sunday, I took the box out of the freezer as a special little treat and they turned out to be a hit!

Admittedly, when I saw the box I assumed it might be an ice cream/cake mixture covered in frosting with jimmies on it (BTW .. by "jimmies" I mean sprinkles ... I'm from Massachusetts and that's what we call them). The cake pops themselves are packaged quite well in the box to avoid them from hitting one another and breaking apart. I had these in my deep freezer so they were quiet hard, but after letting them sit out for a few minutes they softened a tad.
 
The cake pops are essentially a piece of vanilla cake on a stick, covered in a frosting (which isn't overly sweet) which is encased in colorful jimmies/sprinkles. It was quite tasty, satisfying and satisfied my sweet/snacky tooth without being sickeningly sweet. Overall they were a fun little treat ... and they were adult and kid approved!
 
Each pop is 120 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment