Monday, February 9, 2015

Red Velvet Oreo's

When I heard Oreo's was adding a red velvet flavor to their limited edition line-up I have to say I was very intrigued. I love red velvet cakes/cupcakes/desserts so I knew when I found them I'd be giving them a try. Low and behold on an afternoon trip to Wal-Mart I spotted the limited edition Red Velvet Oreo's and they found a little spot in my carriage and a one-way ticket to my humble abode.
One thing I noticed immediately, not about the cookies, but about the packaging is that it's 1/3 the size of a normal Oreo cookie package.  The package is much smaller and oddly enough (or not as oddly, considering this is a new 'trick of the trade') it's the same price regardless of the reduction in product. Regardless of how many cookies you get in a package (which in an odd way may actually be a good thing) ... these particular cookies are phenomenal.
The cookies themselves have that classic red velvet flavor - that rich chocolate flavor, while the cream is your classic Oreo cream which is cream cheese flavored. It's the essence of red velvet in a cookie form ... which is a total home run. I don't find them to be overly sweet and I'm able to enjoy 2 cookies without feeling the need to go overboard. All that have tried the cookies have been fans and gave them 2 thumbs up.

A serving is 2 cookies which is 140 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment