Monday, May 12, 2014

Trader Joe’s Bambino Pizza Formaggio



Pizza is my favorite food. It’s also one of my favorite foods to test out – whether in the fresh or frozen variety.  Since frozen pizza tends to be the most convenient, I’m always scoping out the frozen pizza section of my local grocery stores. Trader Joe’s is no exception to this scoping out … so one day I spotted the Trader Joe’s Bambino Pizza Formaggio. Checking out the nutrition facts I was intrigued and decided to bring them home with me.

The pizzas themselves are what I’d call a personal pizza. They’re smaller than a pan pizza you’d get at say, Pizza Hut, but they’re about the same size as individual frozen pizzas that are sold by brands like Red Baron, etc. They’re a perfect little meal whether it be for lunch or dinner. I find paired alongside a salad it’s satisfying.

The crust is relatively thick – definitely not a pan pizza, but it’s an in-between (for comparative purposes about as thick, or even a little thicker than an Ellio’s frozen pizza slice).  The sauce is tasty and the cheesy is plentiful. I prefer mine with slightly crispy/browned cheese so I elected to leave it in the convection oven a minute or two longer.  What I like about these the most is they resemble a regular pizza pie and there is a bit of crust along the edge, which makes for easy holding if you’re feeling fancy and want to cut this into smaller slices.

I’m a big fan of these little bambino’s … so much that I picked up another box to replace the one I finished a couple Trader Joe’s trips away.  These also contain no artificial flavors or preservatives.

Each pizza is 250 calories or 6 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment