Thursday, May 29, 2014

Evol Lean & Fit Egg White Kale, Roasted Tomato & Goat Cheese Multi-Grain Flatbread


While shopping at the wonderland that is Target I noticed a new product in their grocery freezer shelves. I've tried a few of Evol brand products and have been pleased with them so far ... so I decided to give the Evol Lean & Fit Egg White Kale, Roasted Tomato & Goat Cheese breakfast sandwich a try.

I admit I was hesitant at first because I was thinking ... I'm not the biggest fan of kale and goat cheese can be overwhelming. But I "bit the bullet" so to speak and picked up a sandwich to give it a go. After heating it up and taking a bite ... I have to say I'm pretty glad I did.  The flavors in this sandwich blend together wonderfully and make it a delicious taste bud awakening sandwich.

There's no need for added salt, pepper, ketchup (if you're into that sort of thing) or hot sauce ... it's perfectly delightful on its own.  The kale is mild and not overwhelming; the goat cheese gives it that cheesy flavor without being too zippy and the tomato helps bring it home. Not only is it delicious, it's convenient. A trip into the microwave, the hardest part is eating it without scalding your mouth.

Each sandwich is 160 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment