Thursday, May 29, 2014

Al Fresco Gourmet Chicken Grillers Sweet Italian Style Patties

Al Fresco is one of those brands that I continue to purchase and repurchase. The brand has made it easy and a no-brainer when it comes to purchasing packaged sausage product at the grocery store. Needless to say when I spotted some new Al Fresco Gourmet Chicken Grillers in Sweet Italian Style Patties in the grocery store freezer section, I had to pick up a box.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ... but I thought perhaps it'd be like their refrigerated, raw sausage patties just in a convenient frozen variety.  I haven't tried the raw variety, but I can say these are very much like a frozen hamburger patty, just a chicken sausage version. Since these are Sweet Italian, there isn't a big bold flavor associated with it ... just that classic Sweet Italian flavor that makes these mild on the spectrum of flavor. Although for those with adventurous taste palettes, there is a buffalo & bleu cheese and a caramelized onion variety available.

I simply take a few patties out of the freezer and pop them onto a non-stick frying pan. Cooking on each side defrosts them, cooks them through and leaves them juicy and delicious. I have yet to try these outside on the gas grill but I'd recommend throwing these on the grill frozen as they may begin to fall apart and/or stick if put on defrosted.

So far, I’ve really enjoyed these. They’re a nice change up from your average hamburger or even turkey burger. They’re also a great way to change up breakfast by tossing one of these patties, cut up and incorporating it either into an omelet or even with scrambled eggs.

Each patty is 140 calories or 4 points plus (or you can have 2 patties for 280 calories or 7 points plus values).

No comments:

Post a Comment