Monday, May 5, 2014

Smartfood Delight White Cheddar Popcorn

White cheddar popcorn is one of those traditional snacks I think everyone has had at least once, twice or a bajillion times in their lives. Before it became a “thing” of being health conscious, brands just weren’t into revamping long sold products to appease the masses. That is until the 2000’s rolled around and folks merely stopped buying certain things because it didn’t fit into what they felt as “worth it.” Smartfood popcorn was one of those items I just never felt worth it because 1) the serving size was minimal and 2) it certainly wasn’t worth the points/calories associated with it.

Now, with a release of a new additional to the line I introduce you to Smartfood Delight White Cheddar Popcorn. When I saw this on a brand new display at my local grocery store, I picked up a bag, calculated the points and happily inserted the bag into my shopping cart. Smartfood cheddar popcorn is, in my opinion, the crème de la crème of white cheddar popcorn. So to see a lower calorie version, it immediately caught my attention.

Upon opening the bag, I found it definitely had that classic scent that is known with Smartfood. After eating some, I found the white cheddar flavor was there but it wasn’t as prominent as with the original. That being most notably because the coating wasn’t as thick on the popcorn as it is with the original. My fingers weren’t coated in a thick white “film” after eating a full serving. The popcorn is delicious, plentiful, filling and it certainly hit the nail on the head when I wanted something cheesy as a snack.

A serving is a massive 1 ounce (roughly 3 ½ cups) which is 130 calories or 3 points plus values. Most definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment