Sunday, August 2, 2015

Trader Joe's Wine Country Chicken Salad

While at the grocery store one afternoon, they happened to be sampling the Trader Joe's Wine Country Chicken Salad. I'm a fan of chicken salad, but after experimenting with the reduced fat chicken salad I decided to give it a whirl with the real thing ... and I'm glad that I did.

I'm pretty finicky when it comes to chicken salads, so I was pretty surprised with how much I enjoyed this one. The salad itself is chalk full of chunks of white meat chicken, pecan pieces, celery, poppy seeds and cranberries. The dressing that is used is sweeter but not so sweet that it's overwhelming. All the flavors blend together nicely and make for a perfect little dish, especially on a hot day where no one really wants to spend time in the kitchen.

Consistency wise, this is a looser chicken salad. The dressing is runnier, but it's not so runny that it's a sloppy mess. I found I enjoyed this the best over a bed of garden salad. The dressing on the chicken alone was enough where I didn't need any added salad dressing.

I will say, out of the serving that I had I only found one small piece of cartilage on the chicken (which unfortunately, is pretty common with chicken salad or even grilled chicken out at a restaurant). The piece was really small and was the only piece in the entire container, so I can't knock anyone down for points on that one. Overall, I quite enjoyed this and found the cranberries and pecan pieces to be a home run regarding flavor.

A serving, 4 ounces (113g), is 230 calories or 6 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment