Sunday, August 23, 2015

Dannon Evolution Fresh Pineapple Passion Fruit Greek Yogurt

Checking out the yogurt selection at a local grocery store, I spotted a new line of yogurt and picked up the Dannon Evolution Fresh Pineapple Passion Fruit Greek Yogurt. The yogurt is advertised to be a healthier option having no added flavors, artificial sweeteners, colors or preservatives. I figured the pineapple passion fruit would be more suitable to my taste buds.

The yogurt itself is decent ... I wouldn't venture out to say it's one of the best yogurts I have had, because it's not, but it's not terrible. Overall, it's mildly sweet while the yogurt itself is on the tarter side. Consistency wise, it's pretty thick but it does have a bit of looseness to it. The fruit on the bottom is a unique texture .. it reminds me a lot of pureed fruit.  It's thicker while also having a gelatin vibe to it. I didn't think it screamed pineapple passion, it was rather lackluster and on the boring side.

I wouldn't say run out and buy it immediately. But if you're in the market for a healthier alternative to yogurt, why not give it a shot? It's not bad, it just wasn't my ideal type of Greek yogurt.

A serving is 120 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment