Sunday, August 30, 2015

Trader Joe's Popcorn in a Pickle

Popcorn is one of those snacks that can truly be transformed into anything depending on your mood. Salty, savory, sweet, plain, etc. ... the world is essentially your oyster when you're in a popcorn mood. Needless to say when I spotted the Trader Joe's Popcorn in a Pickle I had to pick up a bag for curiosities sake.

I am a pickle and popcorn fan ... so to have the two merge into one world, it felt like an experience one should engage in. After all I have had pickle flavored potato chips in the past, so, why not venture into pickle flavored popcorn? Upon opening the bag I admit, I was surprised as how much like an open jar of pickles it smelled like. That vinegary, briny sourness just punches your nostrils and really does kind of leave you confused, worried and possibly even scared.

First bite ... holy moly! It taste like a pickle! Mind boggling is all I can say. My taste buds were completely confused because it's a different texture, but the flavor is all there. The more you eat, the tarter it tends to get. My face was puckering, my jaw was getting tense. I only had about 3/4 of a cup before I decided to tap out. Just due to the tartness of it, I don't think this is something that one could easily be binge on. It's more of a have a snack, enjoy it and put it away for later. This isn't like the Baconesque popcorn that I basically have to hide from myself and put myself on time out when I continue to go back for more.

Sharing this with my mother (who absolutely loved it) one of the first things I said to her was, "I'm pretty sure this is a stereotypical pregnant woman's dream come true."

A serving, 2 cups, is 150 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment