Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dinner: Cajun Chicken Pasta



I was on the hunt for something new to eat for dinner and after searching the Skinny Taste website I decided to try the Cajun Chicken Pasta because I was in the mood for chicken and since I hadn’t had pasta in a long while it sounded perfect.  I went to the market and picked up the few essentials I’d need to make the meal and back home I went to cook up a fabulous meal.  And I can say this is ABSOLUTELY fabulous!  I did make a double batch of the recipe (which was a mistake because my boyfriend wouldn’t eat any because it was a “white sauce”) so I ended up giving some away and eating it for lunch and dinner for days on end.

I followed the recipe but ended up adding extra Cajun seasoning and a little black pepper, but other than that the recipe was word-for-word.  The one thing I will say is I let my pasta sit in the pan I combined it all in for about 30 minutes and the sauce (at first it was swimming in liquid) soaked up into the dish.  This is a recipe I highly recommend … it taste as though it would be HIGHLY unhealthy for you, but it really was anything but.

If you want the recipe, check the Skinny Taste website if you think this is something that you’d enjoy:  http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/cajun-chicken-pasta-on-lighter-side.html

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the Skinny Taste recipes?  If so, what’s your favorite so far?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment