Sunday, March 17, 2013

Trader Joe’s – Trader Ming’s Stir Fried Vegetable Rolls



While shopping at Trader Joe’s I picked up a pack of these frozen Trader Ming’s Stir Fried Vegetable Rolls.  They looked like they could be mighty delicious and had some pretty favorable stats on the nutrition label, so I dropped them into my shopping cart.  Last week I paired them with a dish I had prepared and I, as well as my boyfriend, found them to be quite delicious!

They bake up in the oven in 25 minutes, flipping them half-way through the cooking process to ensure even crisping.  The wrapper is nice and crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside.  The filling is perfect – nicely seasoned.  They remind me of a better tasting eggroll you would get at a local Chinese restaurant – without all the fat and unnecessary calories.

I would suggest cooking up only what you plan on eating that day.  I made all 5 and put 3 in the refrigerator.  They do get a little soggy in the fridge, but that’s almost expected so I wasn’t frustrated by that.  I could have put them in the toaster oven to crisp up, but I just heated the leftover rolls in the microwave for a handful of seconds to take the chill off.  Oveerall – definitely 2 thumbs up and a re-purchase must!

Point plus wise – 1 roll was 3 points plus.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Trader Joe’s Trader Ming’s Stir Fried Vegetable rolls?

Image is mine do not take or use. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I eat them all the time! They are great with a salad. I'm obsessed with Trader Joe's pepper jelly. Two tablespoons are only 50 calories. It's great with the egg rolls. Congrats on your success!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE pepper jelly! My favorite way to eat it, is to mix it with cream cheese. I eat that on crackers, bagels, toast, anything! But I am definitely going to keep that in mind when I purchase these next. Thanks for the great idea!

      Delete