Sunday, March 10, 2013

Broccoli, Tomato & Onion Omelet, Turkey Bacon & Toast

Talk about a breakfast of champions!  If this isn’t it, I don’t know what is.  I was in the mood for an omelet so I decided to make myself one with some liquid egg substitute.  Since I didn’t want a plain jane omelet I went through the fridge and took out a few items I had cut up for different meals and combined them into this delicious creation.

I poured ½ cup liquid egg substitute into the bottom of a heated nonstick pan and seasoned with some Mrs. Dash spicy flavoring, garlic powder and oregano.  I then added in some chopped up tomatoes, broccoli and red onion (which I zapped in the microwave for a few seconds to soften).  I let it cook up on medium heat until cooked through enough to flip.  I then squeezed it a bit (I like my eggs almost “well done”) so I cooked it for a bit on each side until it was – essentially “dead”.

I paired it with 3 slices of Butterball Ultra Thin & Crispy turkey bacon and 2 slices of light wheat bread which I toasted.  I topped my omelet with 2 tablespoons fat free mozzarella, sriracha and reduced sugar ketchup.  So delicious and incredibly filling!

Weight Watchers points plus wise this ONLY cost me 4 points plus.  Worth every point.

QUESTION:
Do you like making omelets?


No comments:

Post a Comment