Sunday, March 3, 2013

Binner ... Breakfast for Dinner!

This is what I call Binner ... Breakfast for Dinner!  A few weeks ago I was throwing options out there for dinner to my boyfriend and somehow I mentioned breakfast.  Then it was a toss-up between pancakes and french toast (evidently french toast won almost immediately).  I had some shredded potatoes in the refrigerator that I had picked up at the grocery store -- so I decided on hash browns, sausage patties and french toast it was!

I took 3 slices of light wheat bread and dunked it in a mixture of 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute, a dash of cinnamon, and a dash of vanilla extract.  I cooked them up on a non-stick grill pan.  The 3 slices of french toast came out to be 4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus values.  I made my boyfriend regular french toast (with 1 beaten egg, skim milk, vanilla and cinnamon) and simply cooked his in a non-stick grill pan.

I tossed a turkey sausage (2 PointsPlus) into the pan to heat through while in another skillet (sprayed with Pam) I cooked up some diced onion and minced garlic and added in a 1 cup of shredded potato.  I seasoned with black pepper, garlic powder and a dash of salt.  When done I split the pan between my boyfriend and I -- my serving was 2 Points Plus.

Once plated I drizzled 1/4 cup sugar free Vermont Maid syrup over my french toast and added a few sliced strawberries.  Delicious and totally filling!

QUESTION:
Do you like breakfast for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment