Saturday, March 14, 2015

Trader Joe's Smoked, Apple Chardonnay Chicken Sausage

I'm a big fan of Trader Joe's chicken sausages, but after a while having the same thing tends to get ... well, boring. So, one afternoon I decided to pick up a package of the Trader Joe's Smoked, Apple Chardonnay Chicken Sausage. I'm not a fan of chardonnay and I can give-or-take apple sausage ... but new is different and different is welcomed.
 
The flavor of these sausages isn't overwhelming, but there is a distinctly "different" flavor of them when compared to some of the other prepackaged sausages sold at the store. It's not a bad different. The flavors are there and I can't say any of them is overwhelming.  There's definitely a smokiness to them which reminds me of keilbasa in a lot of ways. Flavor wise, the sausage does have a lingering taste of chardonnay in the background. Whereas the apple flavor isn't really there, or at least, not to my taste buds. You can see bits of the apple in the sausage when you cut into it, but it doesn't stand out at all.
 
I've prepared the sausages in a number of ways and since the flavors are so muted in ways, it kind of goes along with any dish you prepare. I've had them grilled, sauteed with peppers and onions, served alongside some scrambled eggs for breakfast. Overall, they're not bad and a good meal to have every once in a while to switch things up a bit.

A serving, 1 link, is 140 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment