Sunday, March 8, 2015

Pillsbury Reduced Fat Cinnamon Rolls

I stumbled upon an interesting find at a local grocery store finding and purchasing the Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls Reduced Fat with Icing. I love cinnamon rolls but I find them to be typically too high in points to find justifiable. Since they were reduced fat and the nutrition facts weren't too out of control I decided to give them a try for breakfast one day when my niece had slept over.

I sprayed the bottom of a cake pan with nonstick cooking spray, placed the rolls in (cinnamon side down) in a circle around the pan, adding the remainder into the middle of the pan. I put them into a preheated oven and let them cook. Since my oven tends to cook baked goods faster than normal, I lowered the temperature a bit and extended the cooking time just slightly.  The end result came out perfect. Nicely golden browned, cooked all the way through, soft but firm enough.

While hot I smeared the icing onto each of the rolls and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. The end result was quite delicious. A perfect little treat and so delicious no one even noticed they were reduced fat. I've learned over time to not even express it out loud because it makes people go into eating something that's reduced fat as if it's going to poison them. When the rolls cooled they were perfect as is, but they were even better warmed just slightly in the microwave as a little treat.

A serving, 1 roll, is 130 calories or 4 points plus values OR you can have 2 rolls for 260 calories or 7 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment