Monday, March 16, 2015

Sauteed Asparagus

Asparagus is one of those vegetables that I have always loved (even as a kid). I've roasted it in the oven, but it's not always my favorite method. I prefer grilling or sauteing quickly on the stove top. Since we've got feet of snow in the yard, I decided to just quickly saute some asparagus up in some olive oil and garlic. The asparagus cooks quickly, remains crisp but slightly softened and can take on the flavor of anything you add to it. I prefer to keep mine simple ... olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper.
 
It is a good way to get in a healthy oil for the day since you're not cooking it long enough that the olive oil is still present on each piece of asparagus. I merely add enough olive oil per servings ... so if I'm making a pound of asparagus, I'll use 2-3 tsp in the bottom of a pan, put the pan on medium-high and once it's heated through toss in the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and move around in the pan. During the last 30 seconds of cooking I add in some minced garlic, let the flavors combine and turn it off.  The end result is absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment